Thanks for your email. The Leather Lakota NON Cradle strap will work great on your new Deering Sierra we sent you.
Here are some instructions to answer your question on where to attach the leather strap on your banjo
- Wrap the strap around the second bracket BELOW the heel of the neck, and attach the chicago screw.
- Next Slip it behind the tailpiece and wrap it around the second bracket BELOW the tailpiece. This is the side you adjust the length on
Adjusting the length
- To adjust the length you choose one of the holes to attach the two sided Chicago screw through, depending on how long or short you want it.
- Remember to adjust the length of the strap on the side of the strap near the tailpiece.
- On the other side, by the heel of the neck, just attach it in the first adjustment hole.